Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To Yoga or not to Yoga. I have questions.

Pic found here
Looking over my work out schedule I find that I need to add at least one more strength building type class. I take Urban Iron, which is just like body pump but my gym calls it something different, 1-2 times a week. I'd like to take it more but the times it is offered do not work for me. And the other classes that are similar such as triple fit are also offered at times that I can not get to, or they are back to back days of the same class. It doesn't make much sense to me to take the same class two days in a row and then have no strength building throughout the rest of the week. Make sense?
So here is my dilemma. Yoga is offered on Thursdays after my Zumba class. Perfect time, perfect source of strength building. I have only taken one or two actual yoga classes. I have done it at home some but that is all. I have wanted to get more involved for a long time but for some reason it is the one class that totally intimidates me!
The people in there seem to be pros and and very fit! I am terrified of making a complete fool of myself and or the instructor becoming annoyed with me. Forgive me but my limited exposure to yoga has not given me the warm and fuzzies about it welcoming to new comers.
So here is where you come in. If you are into yoga please pass on your encouraging words, tips and advise my way. I am open to anything I should know. Stories of how you got started and you experiences. I also need a recommendation on a good mat to use. The one I currently have gets all slippery when my hands get sweaty and it does not help me feel in control or balanced.
Thanks my friends!

No comments: