Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hilton Head 2011

Friday Kevin and I were on the road before 6:30 am on our way to Hilton Head, SC.

He had the opportunity to play in a golf tournament and we decided to change our 3 day weekend due to MLK day, into a four day weekend and make a mini vaca out of it!

On our way down we stoped at this little place called Cabo Fish Taco. It was SO good!


I got the BBQ Mahi tacos

Kevin had Blackend Mahi tacos

Both were amazing and I highly recommend this place!

After about 12 hours we arrived at our resort. We actually enjoyed the road trip and Q.T. we got to spend together.


We stayed at the Hilton Ocean Front and we would stay there again in a heart beat! It was steps away from the ocean, the staff was amazing, it had good restaurant options and the golf courses were just minutes away and part of the complex.






Saturday while Kevin golfed I enjoyed a few movies in the room, took a glorious nap, went for a run on the beach and found a lounge chair in the sun where I could see the ocean. I curled up with a good book and cup of coffee, I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

For dinner Saturday night we met up with my Dad, Step-Mom and little sister. I haven't seen them since the moved to South Carolina about 4 years ago. We had a great meal and it was such a blessing to see them!
I also spent the day with them Sunday while Kevin had day two of his tournament.

We just hung out together and my dad treated us to some of his yummy cooking. We had decided to stay at their house Sunday night and hit the road Monday morning from there.


There are 20 years and 1 month separating my sister Olivia and I in age but I think we look alike. What do you think?




To make Monday's trip home a little less painful we decided to stop for breakfast at a place I had never been before and seemed like a must do when you are on a road trip in the south.






Waffle House! It was an interesting experience, I had no idea there were still place you could smoke in side...we accidentally sat in the smoking section.



It was overall a wonderful trip. Kevin played well in his tournament, we got to enjoy some warmer weather, quality time together and see some family.

Now the question is...where to next?!

No comments: