Thursday, September 3, 2009

What I did in 5 hours....

Have you ever had one of those nights when you get so much done in a short amount of time that you surprise yourself? That is exactly what I did tonight. It is now 10 at night and so far I have...gone to the grocery store, went for a run, baked a cake, made home made soup for dinner and have done my pre cleaning crew prep. Wow!


So the cake I made is at test run for something new to take to the tail gate on Saturday (Go BUCKS!!!) I have seen this recipe in multiple places so I thought I'd give a try.


Here is what you will need.
















It is a box of devils food cake baked to the direction on the back in a 13x9 pan.














Right out of the oven poke holes in the cake.

Heat a jar of caramel sauce (the kind you put on ice cream)in the microwave for 30 seconds and poor over the cake.
















Let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours then icing the cake with a container of Whipped topping and sprinkle with Heath bar pieces that you can find next to the chocolate chips at the grocery store.















Please do not mind the piece that is missing.....hubster and I had to give it a try. The left overs are going to work tomorrow. So far I think we have a definite G.O. for the tail gate Saturday!

I made tortellini soup for dinner. You can find the recipe here.

And just to clarify what the pre cleaning crew prep is, every other week we have some one come clean our house......totally indulgent but with our schedules it is a life saver. There is just a certain amount of prep that I have to do before they come.


Well off to bed for me! T.G.I.F!

What a great evening!

No comments: